I show you how to print your plans to scale using SketchUp Make and SketchUp Pro (LayOut).
What are the learning outcomes for this course?
- Learn how to prepare your floor plan for printing to scale
- Learn how to print your floor plan to scale using SketchUp Make (includes free downloadable templates)
- Learn how to create a template in LayOut
- Learn how to export a floor plan/elevation to LayOut, and save using your own saved template
- Learn how to present different plans on their own respective pages in LayOut
- Learn how to specifiy a scale in LayOut
- Learn how to annotate floor plans in Layout, using dimensions and text
- Learn how to add symbols to a key in LayOut
- Learn how to export a to scale floor plan as a PDF in LayOut
Who is the Target Audience?
- This course is aimed at Interior Designers, Interior Design students, Interior Decorators, Interior Architects, Interior Stylists and Home Staging professionals, with no previous (or very limited) knowledge of SketchUp.
- Once you purchase this course, you’ll automatically be entitled to two hours email support, which will expire 14 days after purchase. Use this support to get additional help when navigating the online learning platform, or to request assistance when learning SketchUp (specific to the course that you have purchased). Don’t forget to check out the discussion forums, where you will find additional sources of support!
- After you’ve purchased this course, you’ll also be entitled to exclusive discounts. You will be entitled to 10% discount off the Silver and/or the Gold tiers of Anita Brown 3D Visualisation’s pricing plans. These discounts can only be used once and must be claimed within three months of purchasing this course.
This course is part of our SketchUp Bundle: buy all 5 SketchUp courses and save 20%! Read more here!
The following points are very important! Please read them carefully!
- This course is delivered using the Windows version of SketchUp Pro 2016, however Mac users can still take our online courses, as there are very few differences between both SketchUp interfaces. Where necessary, we have provided separate instructions in our tutorials for Mac users.
- There are two versions of SketchUp available: the free version called SketchUp Make and the paid ‘pro’ version called SketchUp Pro. I highly recommend that all students download the free 30 day trial of the Pro version (it’s free, so why not?!), especially if students wish to enrol for course #6, which explains how to present floor plans to scale for both SketchUp Make and SketchUp Pro. It’s important to highlight that SketchUp Make is not licensed for commercial work. Therefore, if you complete my course and decide to use SketchUp in a professional environment, SketchUp Pro must be purchased. Download the free 30 day trial of SketchUp Pro here, or download SketchUp Make here.
- Please refer to system requirements for SketchUp, to ensure that your laptop or desktop has the sufficient hardware and software specification to install and run SketchUp Make or SketchUp Pro.
Posting a Review
- Once you’ve completed the course, we would really appreciate if you could take two minutes to post a review! Check out the video in our Forum, for more information on how to do this.
Need more help? Contact us!