I show you how to create a basic floor plan, including windows and doors.
What are the learning outcomes for this course?
- Learn how to choose and edit a Style to create a technical floor plan
- Become familiar with the various drawing tools to create a basic floor plan, including the following: Tape Measure tool, Line tool, Rectangle tool, the Offset tool and the Arc Tool
- Use the various drawing tools to create doors and windows
- Learn how to create Groups and Components
The Floor Plan You’ll Be Creating In This Course
SketchUp Floor Plan with Windows and a Door
Who is the Target Audience?
- This course is aimed at Interior Designers, Interior Design students, Interior Decorators, Interior Architects, Interior Stylists and Home Staging professionals, with no previous (or very limited) knowledge of SketchUp.
- Register with the SketchUp Hub, for free access to one of the video tutorials for this course: ‘Choosing and Editing a Style’! Go to the ‘Curriculum’ tab and scroll down to where the ‘Free’ label is, and click on the title of the video tutorial to view. Easy, peasy!
- When you register with the Hub, you’ll also receive a free eBook on our expert tips when producing accurate, professional and creative floor plans.
- This course will provide you with the necessary SketchUp skills to create an accurate (technical) floor plan based on real life dimensions, including the construction of windows and doors, as per recognised technical drawing symbols. You will learn how to create a floor plan accurately and efficiently, and in a professional manner, to support your design processes when considering layout and traffic flow. This basic floor plan will be the foundation from which you will add further detail in course #3, where you will add a furniture layout and lighting plan. Ultimately, this floor plan will be used to assist your design workflow and to facilitate discussion with clients when communicating design proposals.
- Includes downloadable files.
- Once you purchase this course, you’ll be entitled to unlimited access and dedicated one-to-one support for the duration of your course (and in many cases long after you have completed it!) Use this support to get additional help when navigating the online learning platform, or to request assistance when learning SketchUp. Don’t forget to check out the discussion forums, where you will find additional sources of support!
This course is part of our SketchUp Bundle: buy the Bundle course and save 37%! Read more here!
This course has been given CPD accreditation by the British Institute of Interior Design. Learn more here.
PLEASE READ OUR FAQs BEFORE PURCHASING THIS COURSE
Posting a Review
- Once you’ve completed the course, we would really appreciate if you could take two minutes to post a review! Check out the video in our Forum, for more information on how to do this.