Learn how to use Photoshop and Canva to create Mood Boards & Client Presentations, allowing you to present your ideas accurately, creatively and professionally.
What are the learning outcomes for this course?
- Learn the fundamentals of Canva, including various presentation techniques to create a visually striking (grid style) mood board.
- Learn the fundamentals of Photoshop, including various presentation techniques to create a visually striking (magazine style) mood board, including product links.
- Learn how to create an Instagram & Pinterest optimised mood board using Canva and Photoshop, to support social media marketing and promotion (can also be used for Facebook).
- Learn how to create a one page A3 client presentation, combining a SketchUp floor plan with product shots, brush effects and text in Photoshop.
- Bonus Course: combine Photoshop and Canva to produce a complete client presentation pack, including front cover, annotated SketchUp floor plans, a clickable products board, an illustrated elevation, a section featuring styling tips (for e-design services), a clickable shopping list (for e-design services) and a back page with a call to action.
- Bonus Course: learn how to curate an aesthetically pleasing (physical) samples board, using real-life fabric samples, wallpaper, paint, natural stone and wooden floor materials.
The Final Mood Boards You Will Be Creating Using Canva & Photoshop
Click Each Mood Board To View Full Image
Click the Headings Below to Learn More About Grid & Magazine Styles
The Final Instagram & Pinterest Optimised Mood Boards You Will Be Creating Using Canva & Photoshop
Click Each Mood Board To View Full Image
It’s vital that Interior Designers maximise their exposure on social media to remain visible, competitive and relevant; especially on platforms where interior design related content is in demand: namely Instagram and Pinterest. In these video tutorials we show you how to create mood boards that optimise the real estate available on a phone so that your images stand out and attract the interest of your target market. We show you how to create mobile optimised mood boards in both Canva and Photoshop so that you have a range of design options available to you.
The Final A3 Client Presentation You Will Be Creating Using Photoshop
In this section of the course, we show you how to create a one page Client Presentation which can be printed on an A3 page. We’ve had requests for this one! We think it’s important that Interior Designers are provided with a range of different layouts that illustrate different ways they can communicate their ideas and designs; whether it’s at the start of the design process, or at the final stages of product selection. This Client Presentation shows you how to incorporate an illustrated floor plan with creative paint effects, alongside product shots and strategically positioned annotations that provide further detail about your design. This is all about balance and clever presentation techniques, which we will share with you so that you can achieve a polished and professional look too.
BONUS: How to Create a Client Presentation Pack as a Complete PDF & Flipping Magazine
This bonus section takes your presentation skills to a whole new level. We show you how to combine Photoshop and Canva to produce a cohesive Client Presentation Pack which will include an impressive front cover (taken from Chapter 4), annotated floor plans, a clickable products board, an illustrated elevation, a section featuring styling tips (for e-design services), a clickable shopping list (for e-design services) and a back page with a call-to-action. This Client Presentation Pack can be sent as a standard PDF or it can be viewed as a flipping magazine – and we’ll show you how to produce both. This is not only an excellent reference tool for you and your client but it’s also an amazing keepsake too, particularly for e-design services where it can be challenging to inject a personal touch. This level of detail and presentation reflects a brand that is driven, ambitious and strives to offer their clients a unique experience.
Who is the Target Audience?
- This course is aimed at Interior Designers, Interior Design students, Interior Decorators, Interior Architects, Interior Stylists and Home Staging professionals. However, anyone who is required to produce mood boards as part of their business/role will benefit from this course.
- This course will provide you with the necessary image editing skills and digital presentation techniques to produce creative, professional and visually striking digital mood boards & client presentations, to assist you in accurately conveying your design proposals to clients. This will demonstrate effective presentation skills, a keen eye for detail, proficient use of image editing software, a high level of creativity and professionalism, coupled with a strong brand identity. This course will also provide you with the ability to consider different styles, without compromising on quality (Photoshop and/or Canva). The various styles of mood board & client presentations that you will produce, are incredibly multi-functional and can be incorporated in online portfolios, social media marketing, website design, blog content and e-design services. This course also teaches you how to combine your SketchUp skills (floor plans, elevations etc.) with your design proposals to produce a cohesive client presentation to confidently communicate and present your design to clients.
- Includes downloadable files.