Learn how to create a Canva account and how to choose the right images to include in a grid style mood board.
What are the learning outcomes for this course?
- Learn how to create a new Canva account, including a tour of the various tools and features.
- Learn the importance of image quality and composition when curating a grid mood board.
This FREE course includes Chapters 1 and 2 from Course #9 How to Create a Mood Board Using Canva & Photoshop. The purpose of this free course is to give you a useful insight into our course content and to provide you with some valuable information and tips regarding Canva and image selection for the creation of mood boards.
One of the most important elements of an Interior Designer’s role is the ability to accurately communicate his/her ideas to clients, demonstrating how their proposed design meets the client brief. It’s of great importance that an Interior Designer can produce professional looking and informative documents that outline the inspiration behind their vision for a space, including the various materials and products which will form a cohesive, practical and visually striking interior. Unquestionably, one of the most cost effective and engaging visual tools at their disposal is the humble mood board.
Get it right, and you’ve got yourself a structured, balanced and stunning visual aid which will impress not only your clients but also your online target audience, peers and let’s face it, your competition. Get it wrong, and you’ve got yourself a messy graphic with too much white space, awkward placement of 2D images (sometimes trying to look 3D which RARELY looks convincing) and a confusing, amateurish looking proposal of your design.
The grid style mood board below was created in Canva. It is structured, cohesive and includes a variety of images that effectively convey a contemporary design scheme. All of the images were chosen and positioned with great intent to produce an informative, impressive and professional result (and you can replace these images to create a new mood board in no time!). We show you how to create this mood board in course #9.
Watch Chapters 1 and 2 of course #9 to learn how to create a new Canva account, take a tour of its interface and find out WHY we chose the images below for our grid style mood board, which includes expert tips on image selection.
Who is the Target Audience?
- This free course is aimed at Interior Designers, Interior Design students, Interior Decorators, Interior Architects, Interior Stylists and Home Staging professionals. However, anyone who is required to produce mood boards as part of their business/role will benefit from this course.
- Includes unlimited access and one-to-one support. Contact us if you have a question or require assistance.
Posting a Review
- Once you’ve completed the course, we would really appreciate if you could take two minutes to post a review! Check out the video in our Forum, for more information on how to do this.
CONTINUE DEVELOPING YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT IT TAKES TO PRODUCE A PROFESSIONAL AND POLISHED MOOD BOARD AND CLIENT PRESENTATION: PURCHASE THE FULL COURSE NOW!
7577 STUDENTS ENROLLED