I show you how to create a furniture layout and a lighting plan.
What are the learning outcomes for this course?
- Learn how to create a furniture layout to exact dimensions, including sofas, coffee tables, and an armchair
- Become familiar with the various drawing tools to create a furniture layout, including the following: Tape Measure tool, Line tool, Rectangle tool, the Offset tool, the Arc tool and the Circle tool
- Learn how to create a Component Library and edit Components for future use
- Learn the importance of organising your floor plan, by creating Scenes and Layers
- Learn how to create various electrical symbols to produce a colour-coded lighting plan
- Includes downloadable, pre-constructed 2D Components for you to use in your floor plans
The Floor Plans You’ll Be Creating In This Course
Who is the Target Audience?
- This course is aimed at Interior Designers, Interior Design students, Interior Decorators, Interior Architects, Interior Stylists and Home Staging professionals, with no previous (or very limited) knowledge of SketchUp.
- Register with the SketchUp Hub, for free access to one of the video tutorials for this course: ‘Fine Tuning Your Furniture Layout’! Go to the ‘Curriculum’ tab and scroll down to where the ‘Free’ label is, and click on the title of the video tutorial to view. Easy, peasy!
- This course will provide you with the necessary SketchUp skills to create an accurate furniture layout and lighting plan, based on real life dimensions, including efficient workflow for the construction of 2D components, as per recognised technical drawing symbols. You will learn how to create a furniture layout and lighting plan accurately and efficiently, and in a professional manner, to support your design processes when considering layout and traffic flow. The floor plan, with furniture layout will be the foundation from which you will add further detail in course #4, where you will add colour and texture. Ultimately, the floor plan with furniture layout will be used to assist your design workflow and to facilitate discussion with clients when communicating design proposals. As will the colour-coded lighting plan, however this will be more applicable when communicating with Tradesmen.
- Includes downloadable files.
- Once you purchase this course, you’ll automatically be entitled to two hours email support, which will expire 14 days after purchase. Use this support to get additional help when navigating the online learning platform, or to request assistance when learning SketchUp (specific to the course that you have purchased). Don’t forget to check out the discussion forums, where you will find additional sources of support!
- After you’ve purchased this course, you’ll also be entitled to exclusive discounts. You will be entitled to 10% discount off the Silver and/or the Gold tiers of Anita Brown 3D Visualisation’s pricing plans. These discounts can only be used once and must be claimed within three months of purchasing this course.
This course is part of our SketchUp Bundle: buy the Bundle courses and save 37%! Read more here!
PLEASE READ OUR FAQs BEFORE PURCHASING THIS COURSE
Posting a Review
- Once you’ve completed the course, we would really appreciate if you could take two minutes to post a review! Check out the video in our Forum, for more information on how to do this.
854 STUDENTS ENROLLED