Learn how to create an Instagram Inspired Flat Lay and then transform it into a watercolour illustration.
What are the learning outcomes for this course?
- Learn the steps required to edit a (pre-constructed) SketchUp Flat Lay template, to present your designs.
- Add a 3D quality to your Instagram inspired Flat Lay, by adding highlights and shadows in or GIMP. No complex rendering software required!
- Transform your Flat Lay into a watercolour illustration.
- Includes 4 downloadable, pre-constructed Flat Lay templates for you to use.
Slide the arrows horizontally to view ‘Before’ and ‘After’ images of the SketchUp Flat Lay below (Photoshop).
Slide the arrows horizontally to view ‘Before’ and ‘After’ images of the SketchUp Flat Lay below (GIMP).
Who is the Target Audience?
- Includes downloadable files.
- This course is aimed at Interior Designers, Interior Design students, Interior Decorators, Interior Architects, Interior Stylists and Home Staging professionals, with beginner/intermediate knowledge of SketchUp.
- Previous experience of Photoshop and/or GIMP is desirable, but not essential.
- Register with the SketchUp Hub, for free access to one of the video tutorials for this course: ‘Scene Setup’! Go to the ‘Curriculum’ tab and scroll down to where the ‘Free’ label is, and click on the title of the video tutorial to view. Easy, peasy!
- This course will provide you with the necessary SketchUp and image editing skills to create a watercolour illustration of an Instagram inspired Flat Lay, (including a 3D effect with shadows and highlights). This will demonstrate a keen eye for detail, effective use of digital rendering techniques, a high level of creativity and professionalism, coupled with a strong brand identity. These drawings will ultimately support your design processes and allow you to confidently communicate your design, as part of a client presentation. Digital watercolour illustrations will allow you to present your ideas in a whimsical and artistic way, whilst retaining an efficient workflow in a professional design studio. This course will also provide you with the ability to consider alternative options, without compromising on quality (Photoshop and/or GIMP). The various styles produced are incredibly multi-functional and can be incorporated in online portfolios, social media marketing, website design, blog content and e-design services.
- Once you purchase this course, you’ll automatically be entitled to two hours email support, which will expire 14 days after purchase. Use this support to get additional help when navigating the online learning platform, or to request assistance (specific to the course that you have purchased). Don’t forget to check out the discussion forums, where you will find additional sources of support.
When you purchase the SketchUp Bundle or SketchUp Student Bundle, buy this course for only £32.00 – that’s a cool 20% discount! If you’ve purchased the Bundle and would like to take advantage of this discount, contact us to arrange before purchasing course #8.
PLEASE READ OUR FAQs BEFORE PURCHASING THIS COURSE
Posting a Review
- Once you’ve completed the course, we would really appreciate if you could take two minutes to post a review! Check out the video in our Forum, for more information on how to do this.
Click the image below to purchase Photoshop so that you can transform your Instagram inspired flat lay into a watercolour illustration.
This page contains affiliate links. If you click on one of these links and complete a purchase, we will earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
63 STUDENTS ENROLLED
Creating an Instagram inspired flat lay
The course is so beneficial for all interior designers. It’s an amazing tool that helps visualize a design scheme in a truly creative way. Anita explains every step accurately and in detail. Many thanks Anita.
Great course. Lots of fun. Getting hooked 🙂
Amazing course, which is really helpful and a creative way to present design schemes as a starting point. I also love using the flatlays to create inspirational designs on Instagram. Anita as always teaches the course so well and provides a range of templates to work with.