Learn how to render your SketchUp plans to add a 3D effect.
What are the learning outcomes for this course?
- Learn how to improve the overall visual aesthetics of a basic floor plan and elevation, using either Photoshop or GIMP (free image editing software, which is similar to Photoshop).
- Add a 3D quality to your floor plan and elevation, by adding highlights and shadows in Photoshop or GIMP. No complex rendering software required!
- Transform your floor plan and elevation into a watercolour illustration.
Slide the arrows horizontally to view ‘Before’ and ‘After’ images of the SketchUp floor plan and elevation below (Photoshop).
Slide the arrows horizontally to view ‘Before’ and ‘After’ images of the SketchUp floor plan and elevation below (GIMP).
Who is the Target Audience?
- This course is aimed at Interior Designers, Interior Design students, Interior Decorators, Interior Architects, Interior Stylists and Home Staging professionals, with beginner/intermediate knowledge of SketchUp.
- Previous experience of Photoshop and/or GIMP is desirable, but not essential.
- Register with the SketchUp Hub, for free access to one of the video tutorials for this course: ‘Enhancing SketchUp Floor Plans and Elevations – Introduction’! Go to the ‘Curriculum’ tab and scroll down to where the ‘Free’ label is, and click on the title of the video tutorial to view. Easy, peasy!
- This course will provide you with the necessary SketchUp and image editing skills to transform basic SketchUp floor plans and elevations into watercolour illustrations (including a 3D effect with shadows and highlights). This will demonstrate a keen eye for detail, effective use of digital rendering techniques, a high level of creativity and professionalism, coupled with a strong brand identity. These drawings will ultimately support your design processes and allow you to confidently communicate your design, as part of a client presentation. Digital watercolour illustrations will allow you to present your ideas in a whimsical and artistic way, whilst retaining an efficient workflow in a professional design studio. This course will also provide you with the ability to consider alternative options, without compromising on quality (Photoshop and/or GIMP). The various styles produced are incredibly multi-functional and can be incorporated in online portfolios, social media marketing, website design, blog content and e-design services.
- Once you purchase this course, you’ll automatically be entitled to two hours email support, which will expire 14 days after purchase. Use this support to get additional help when navigating the online learning platform, or to request assistance (specific to the course that you have purchased). Don’t forget to check out the discussion forums, where you will find additional sources of support.
This course is FREE if you purchase our SketchUp Bundle, or our SketchUp Student Bundle.
PLEASE READ OUR FAQs BEFORE PURCHASING THIS COURSE
Posting a Review
- Once you’ve completed the course, we would really appreciate if you could take two minutes to post a review! Check out the video in our Forum, for more information on how to do this.
159 STUDENTS ENROLLED