Learn how to render your SketchUp plans to add a 3D effect.
What are the learning outcomes for this course?
- Learn how to improve the overall visual aesthetics of a basic floor plan and elevation, using either Photoshop or GIMP (free image editing software, which is similar to Photoshop).
- Add a 3D quality to your floor plan and elevation, by adding highlights and shadows in Photoshop or GIMP. No complex rendering software required!
- Transform your floor plan and elevation into a watercolour illustration.
Slide the arrows horizontally to view ‘Before’ and ‘After’ images of the SketchUp floor plan and elevation below (Photoshop).
Slide the arrows horizontally to view ‘Before’ and ‘After’ images of the SketchUp floor plan and elevation below (GIMP).
Who is the Target Audience?
- This course is aimed at Interior Designers, Interior Design students, Interior Decorators, Interior Architects, Interior Stylists and Home Staging professionals, with beginner/intermediate knowledge of SketchUp.
- Previous experience of Photoshop and/or GIMP is desirable, but not essential.
- Once you purchase this course, you’ll automatically be entitled to two hours email support, which will expire 14 days after purchase. Use this support to get additional help when navigating the online learning platform, or to request assistance (specific to the course that you have purchased). Don’t forget to check out the discussion forums, where you will find additional sources of support.
This course is FREE if you purchase our SketchUp Bundle, or our SketchUp Student Bundle.
- Register with the SketchUp Hub, for free access to one of the video tutorials for this course: ‘Enhancing SketchUp Floor Plans and Elevations – Introduction’! Go to the ‘Curriculum’ tab and scroll down to where the ‘Free’ label is, and click on the title of the video tutorial to view. Easy, peasy!
The following points are very important! Please read them carefully!
- This course is delivered using the Windows version of SketchUp Pro 2016 and Photoshop CS2.
- There are two versions of SketchUp available: the free version called SketchUp Make and the paid ‘pro’ version called SketchUp Pro. I highly recommend that all students download the free 30 day trial of the Pro version (it’s free, so why not?!), especially if students wish to enrol for course #6, which explains how to present floor plans to scale for both SketchUp Make and SketchUp Pro. It’s important to highlight that SketchUp Make is not licensed for commercial work. Therefore, if you complete my course and decide to use SketchUp in a professional environment, SketchUp Pro must be purchased. Download the free 30 day trial of SketchUp Pro here, or download SketchUp Make here.
- Please refer to system requirements for SketchUp, to ensure that your laptop or desktop has the sufficient hardware and software specification to install and run SketchUp Make or SketchUp Pro.
Posting a Review
- Once you’ve completed the course, we would really appreciate if you could take two minutes to post a review! Check out the video in our Forum, for more information on how to do this.
Need more help? Contact us!