We are launching our first ever, official SketchUp Hub competition, where we are challenging YOU to create an awesome, rendered SketchUp floor plan!
This will be an opportunity for you to put your SketchUp skills and knowledge to good use, with the chance of winning a prize worth £80.00.
- You must include a kitchen and living area in the floor plan supplied for this competition;
- You can use either 2D and/or 3D components;
- The floor plan must be rendered with colour and texture, including a hand illustrated effect using either Photoshop or GIMP;
- Please ensure that the exported floor plan (from SketchUp) is at least 2500 x 1205 pixels;
- You must upload a work in progress image to Instagram and the SketchUp Hub Facebook Group, showing your progress at least once before the closing date, when uploading to Instagram you must include the hashtag #sketchuphub;
- The competition is open to anyone who feels they have the skills and knowledge to enter, including people who haven’t taken the SketchUp Hub online courses;
- All submissions must be entered by midnight GMT, Saturday 30 September 2017, and emailed to email@example.com
- The final submission must be in JPEG format.
- All submissions will be judged by Anita Brown. The judge’s decision is final.
- The winner and runner-up will be announced on Monday 2 October 2017, and will be contacted via email to make the necessary arrangements to post their prize.
What The Judge Is Looking For
- Accuracy and precision;
- Good use of colour and pattern;
- Effective use of space;
- Effective rendering skills, including use of Photoshop or GIMP;
- Overall visual appeal.
Sample floor plan
The SketchUp Hub has decided to offer a physical prize for the winner and runner-up, as opposed to a gift card, for that all important personal touch! As the SketchUp Hub is proud of its Irish Heritage and Belfast roots, the winning prize includes many items from Northern Irish businesses.
The winning prize includes (from top left): geometric notepad; Sostrene Grene pencils; 18 month Planner; Shamrock seeds; Connemara Marble; handmade Fine Bone China mug by Belfast Artist, Stephen Farnan, depicting the iconic Samson and Goliath cranes at Harland & Wolff shipyard (famous for building the Titanic); hand poured, soy wax candle by The Bearded Candle Makers, based in Northern Ireland; 21 Day Gratitude Journal by The Itty Bitty Book Co. a Northern Irish business and a charming original piece of textile art by Vicki Foster, an Artist based in Northern Ireland. All presented in a luxury (reusable) gift box.
The runner up will receive a selection of small gifts.
Good luck to all of the entrants! We can’t wait to see your amazing floor plans!
Check out the SketchUp Hub gallery for inspiration!
Got a question about our competition? Contact us!